Out in West Texas, in Stonewall County, there once was a town called Alluvia. In 1910 the place was re-named Peacock, for Mr. J. W. Peacock, the first postmaster. Four years later Peacock was nearly blown off the map by a tornado. Folks rebuilt as best they could and the population peaked at 350 in 1920, but has been declining ever since. In 2000, Peacock had only 125 citizens. There are still a few small shops and the remains of this petro station.